Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Little Swimmers

I was a competitive swimmer from the ages of 6 to 18.  The scent of chlorine flowed through my pores.  My hair was green.  I lived in the water year round.  I was just shy of growing webbed feet.  

Mariah learned how to swim two years ago and Ambria learned how to swim just a few months ago.  It makes me so proud to watch my girls swim!  I don't know if they will be interested in competitive swimming, but I am glad that they have learned this important skill.

Today, while at the community pool near our home, both girls swam in the deep end AND went down the water slide with no life jacket!  Until now, they would go down the slide but with an inner tube (for security purposes).  

Both girls were so proud of themselves today, as was I!  I love watching their confidence grow!


And I love seeing little pieces of me in the girls.  (I think they inherited some of my swimming genes).

No comments: