Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bedrooms

Ashlyn has been in a big girl bed for a few months now.  I was pretty emotional as I put away the crib bedding (and listed and SOLD it on craigslist, *tear) We took apart the crib one last time and I tried to hold back the tears.

Ashlyn and Ambria now share a room with bunk beds and Mariah has now obtained her own room.  At first, Mariah was a little hesitant.  She was unsure that she wanted to sleep by herself because she has gotten used to sharing a room for the past three years.  After a few days passed, Mariah warmed up to the idea and became excited with the thought of her own space.

This is a little sentimental for me as Mariah is sleeping in the same bed from when I was a child and we also put the matching desk and dresser in her room as well.  It brings back so many memories from when I was little.

Mariah looked around at her new room with excitement, and said, "I like it but it needs more toys.  I don't want it to look like a teenager bedroom."

My heart leapt.  YES, YES, YES!!

Don't grow up too quickly my sweet child!


No comments: