Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School Shmool

Mariah started second grade last week. She wasn't very thrilled. (And to tell you the truth, I was bummed that summer was over too). Mariah does well in school, excels academically and socially, but nonetheless, she expresses her dislike for it. Getting up in the morning, getting dressed for school, and doing homework are like pulling teeth each day. A battle. Ugh.

I have already heard Mariah say things like this:
*I don't like teachers because they make you do stuff
*I'm not going to school
*I'm not excited (this was on Day 2)
*School is boring
*Can I be an early dismissal? (this was on Day 3)

IT IS ONLY DAY 5!! 175 more days to go...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.


Here is a picture of Mariah on the first day of school. It was a forced smile. (She actually was pretty excited for the first day, but she wasn't thrilled about taking pictures).


No comments: