Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cool Mom

I've accepted the fact that I drive a mini van. It's ok. It is convenient for our family of five and the various road trips that we take each year. I've accepted this and I can't be THAT cool because of this vehicle.

So, the other day, I was driving in my rockin' mini van, listening to some tunes on the radio. (Give me credit, at least I wasn't listening to a Barney CD). The DJ came on and said something like, "thanks for listening to our LIGHT ROCK radio station."

Hold it right there!

LIGHT ROCK??!!

Crap, my mom listens to light rock. What does that make me??!!

I will succumbe to this strike against my coolness, but I did immediately change the radio station.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I found myself listening to light rock 98.9 just yesterday and they were playing some pretty awesome music! While the Light Rock part of the station ID doesn't really bother me, it does make me feel old that MY MUSIC appears on that station.... oh well! My kids listen to light rock too! ha ha!