Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Project: Operation Playhouse

Last week, Mariah, our 8 year old, came to us with an idea to turn the old garden shed in our backyard into a playhouse.  Both me and my husband thought it was a great idea!!

So, the brainstorming has begun.  We have done a little shopping to get cleaning supplies and a few things to get started.  My husband bought some packets of seeds to plant a little garden outside the playhouse and some paint.  Mariah can hardly sleep!  She is sooo excited!!

During one of our shopping trips, Mariah kept brainstorming as she saw items in the store.  
Some good ideas, some, not so much.  
An idea that I had to dismiss was Mariah's idea to put LOTS of toilet paper on the floor to make it soft.  I laughed and said that I thought we could come up with a better idea.

I'm really trying to allow the girls to come up with ideas for the playhouse so they can take ownership (but I guess I will have to draw the line at toilet paper on the floor).  Who knows if the girls will even play in the house a few weeks after it is complete, but it will be the process that will be fun and exciting.

So, let the garden shed makeover begin!

Here are some BEFORE pictures...



No comments: