Friday, September 7, 2012

School Project

Mariah, our 3rd grader, completed her first big school project.  We went out and got a big poster board and it took everything I had to not try to do the project for her.  I wanted to do the project one way and she wanted to do it her own way.  True, it is HER project.

I took a step back.

I coached Mariah into completing her first project by telling her to write in pencil first, then marker, spell everything correctly, write big, etc.

Well, she wrote small, spelled a word incorrectly, glued things in place where they didn't fit, used ugly colors...

I held my breath and my tongue.

This is HER project.

Other than a few tips, I allowed Mariah to do HER project, HER way.

I was proud her Mariah and her first project, and even better, Mariah was proud of herself!

One down, ALOT more to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First let me say that I am proud of you for stepping back and letting her do it her way. I don't know that I could have done that! Zoe and I have the same issues and I have a very hard time letting go!!!!