Friday, December 31, 2010

The Cleaning Experience

Cleaning the house each week with the girls home can be more than a chore, it can be an experience, it can be troublesome, it can be stressful, it can take ALL day.

But for me, I LOVE the smell of a clean house, and I LOVE to get organized. I will use bleach just so I can smell the cleanliness. I will use more cleaner just so the house is more fragrant. I like to disinfect. I want to be able to eat off the floors.

Today was not unlike any other cleaning day. I started out at about 10:00am and didn't finish until about 4:00pm!

So, why does it take so long?

Someone needs to be fed, someone needs a drink, someone needs the channel on the tv changed, someone needs a snack again, Ashlyn needs to be changed (from the explosion that you read about below), and then Ashlyn needs an impromptu bath, someone needs help with something, I need to break up a fight, I need to intervene and remind the girls to share, Ashlyn needs a bottle, I have to make a phone call, someone needs a band-aid, someone is being cute so I need to take pictures, I feel the need to procrastinate and check facebook, someone needs a snack again, and on and on and on.

Here is a better example: today while I was trying to vacuum, Ashlyn was screaming, Mariah was standing on the cord just to be funny, and Ambria was hanging on my leg and sitting on my foot because she thought I was some sort of fun carnival ride. (After a brief moment of frustration, I had to laugh, and I don't have pictures of this sight because I had my hands full).

Cleaning day can bring all sorts of fun...or headaches.

(Side note: I have come to realize that a clean house is not the same as a messy house).

1 comment:

Carollee said...

Oh yes... my house is always messy - or shall I say "untidy." But it's ALWAYS clean. Love your post!