Saturday, November 12, 2011

Maternity Leave

My 7 year maternity leave is coming to an end. I am very excited to start a part time job at The Tree House where I will be helping to create developmental curriculum for children ages birth-5 and also teaching some of the classes. Besides offering classes for parents and children, The Tree House has an amazing indoor play area and a cafe where parents can watch their kids play nearby. In other words: parent and kid Heaven!

I can't believe that I GET to work here! I am grateful for this opportunity. It is humbling that someone wants to use me and my gifts. This is difficult for me to process: ME? MORE than a mommy?

Starting a new job, after being a stay at home mom for 7 years, brings about a mixed bag of emotions. I am excited to venture out into the working world, exercise my gifts, and meet new people. The challenges that a new schedule will bring to our family makes me a little anxious, but I know we will all survive and learn to be a little more flexible. Since I will be working part time, I can still be at home for the girls, the best of both worlds!

So, my maternity leave is over. Starting a new chapter in my life, but not forgetting the old.

I am up for the challenge and I am excited to start this new venture.

(If you live in the Asheville area and have young kiddos, come visit me!! We hope to open in December!)

No comments: